For Chinese Whisperings we’ve compiled a list of 25 questions from which we’re asking our writers to choose five to answer in our Featured Writer section. I could easily answer all twenty plus questions if I had the time and the inclination to do so … but that’s not the point.
I’m listing the questions here and am going to ask my readers, Facebook friends and Twitter mates if they’ll help me choose the five questions I’ll answer.
So from the list which five questions would you like to see me answer for Chinese Whisperings? Leave your selection in the comments section.
Chinese Whisperings “Take Five” Question List
1. Pick one book from each decade of your life. Who would you like to give that book to and why?
2. Which book do you wish you had written?
3. Would you rather have critical acclaim, or commercial success?
4. What was the first story you remember doing for the sheer joy of writing (ie. It wasn’t a school project or homework!) and how old were you?
5. Pick one book from each decade of your life. Who would you like to give that book to and why?
6. What was it that you read that made you want to write your own fiction? Why do you think it had that effect on you?
7. Looking at the fiction you’ve written to date, what kind of things does your work explore?
8. Do you write for a living or do you have a day job?
9. What do you love about writing?
10. Are there any other writers in your family?
11. What was the last book you read and why did you choose it?
12. What book are you currently reading? What do you like/hate most about it?
13. What is your favourite short story and why?
14. Do you have a favourite place to write? If so where is it?
15. What has been your favourite story to write to date?
16. Where do you get your inspiration for stories and characters?
17. Which has been your favourite character to bring to life? What is it about that character you are most drawn to?
18. What is the worst “knock” you’ve had to recover from as a writer?
19. Who have been your mentors?
20. When do you normally do your writing? What do you most like/dislike about writing then?
21. If you could meet any published writer (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
22. Who are your favourite authors and why?
23. If you could trade places with any fictional character (yours or someone else’s) who would it be and why?
24. What is the easiest element of writing for you? What is the hardest?
25. What advice would you gift your 18 year old self about writing?