Here we go … as a huge storm rumbles it’s way towards where I’m sitting at my desk and a lovely icy winds blows in.
– YES! 5:00am again – and the novelty of it has worn thin given I’ve been to bed too late the last two nights to get my seven hours sleep. I am definitely early to bed tonight. I do have to admit though – I love being the first one up and having some quiet time. Given it’s early to bed tonight I might aim for 4:00am tomorrow morning – there is so much to get through and now I’m behind big time (not with my word count but with the Chinese Whisperings anthology).
– YES! Kept it to three today – need to spend more time exploring plot lines in them – rather than what I have been dreaming. Alternatively – my dreaming could assist in my plotting thereby killing two birds with the one stone in the morning with my pages. At least I have a template of sorts to base the development of my male character (which I just reminded myself of now … gosh I’m good – not!)
No internet until word count reached
– NO! It was a terrible morning here and I needed to just chill out, hang out and connect with some writer friends before I could face trying to write. More on that below.
2000 words per day (or more)
– YES. 2090 which brings my total up to 13256
– ALMOST! We drove into The Valley this afternoon to get the choc coated coffee beans for Ben and I needed something to keep me awake on the drive in. Discovered my mental processes were so depleted that I could barely drive and eat my Magnum. The cravings are getting better though.
Walk where possible
– NO! Though I did contemplate going out this morning instead of writing after my morning pages. I should have – it may have proven more productive than sitting to write!
-Got a Bruffin at the bakery when I stopped in to get bread at 6:30am and ate it on the way home. Missed lunch etc. But I did buy myself some raw nuts and have them by the computer now to much on as I write. Need to keep a water bottle as well (read – hide from Dylan so he will stop chewing and destroying the lids on them!)
Maximise opportunities for creative headspace.
– I’m trying – maybe I am trying too hard. Having a clear head space would help – so sleep. And I think a bath soon would be the order of the day also.
80s music in a sci-fi novel. Surely that is weird enough …