To refresh you on the legend:
bold – read italics – intending to read * – own the book
71. American Gods – Neil Gaiman
72. Road – Cormac Mccarthy
73. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley one I do intend to re-read as it was a set school novel.
74. In Turkey I Am Beautiful: Between Chaos And Madness In A Strange Land – Brendan Shanahan
75. Breath – Tim Winton
76. Jessica – Bryce Courtenay
77. Animalia – Graeme Base
78. Secret History – Donna Tartt
79. Godfather – Mario Puzo
80. Interview With The Vampire – Anne Rice …Started this but never finished it.
81. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo – Stieg Larsson
82. Stand – Stephen King
83. Bridget Jones Diary: A Novel – Helen Fielding …Another I started and didn’t finish
84. * New Earth: Create A Better Life – Eckhart Tolle
85. Seven Ancient Wonders – Matthew Reilly
86. Wild Swans: Three Daughters Of China – Jung Chang …the first book I read when I got back into read in 2007
87. Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
88. American Psycho – Bret Easton Ellis
89. Belgariad Vol. 1: Pawn Of Prophecy; Queen Of Sorcery; Magician’s Gambit – David Eddings
90. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin – Louis De Bernieres and De Berni
91. Looking For Alibrandi – Melina Marchetta … loved the movie
92. Ps, I Love You – Ahern
93. * Prayer For Owen Meany – John Irving …though technically Dave ‘owns’ it.
94. Thorn Birds – Colleen Mccullough
95. Confederacy Of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
96. Good Omens – Neil Gaiman, Pratchett , Terry Pratchett et al
97. Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas: A Savage Journey To The Heart Of The American Dream – Hunter S. Thompson
98. Chocolat – Joanne Harris
99. Princess Bride – William Goldman …Paul Anderson will be happy to see this on the list.
100. Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
5/30 Cumulative total 27/100
This is the first time on ANY of these lists that I have read more than a quarter of the books listed. Feeling pretty good and penciling in a number of those ‘to reads’ to this years book feast. Thanks to Dan adn Chris for playing along.
Image from bp631 is alive via Flickr. Another crazy person who took a photo a day for a year.