Would You Look at My Story?
Critiquing Skills for Fiction Writers
3 hours theory/discussion/practical exercises
CANCELLED DUE TO ILL HEALTH
Writers accept that receiving feedback is an essential part of the writing process, however most shy away from the actual task of critiquing, afraid they’ll do more harm than good, or not knowing exactly how or where to start. I share my skills, experiences and insights to provide writers with practical skills and knowledge to tackle the process of critiquing with confidence, armed
What is Covered?
- What is Critiquing
- The Benefits of Critiquing
- Reasons to Critique
- Reasons not to Critique
- Exorcising Bad Critiques of Past
- The Six Rules of Engagement
- What to Put in a Critiquing Brief
- Where to Get Critiqued
- How to Write a Critique
- What to Look For
- Practical Critiquing Exercise
- Places are limited to ensure the highest level of interactivity between the participants and myself, so please book early.
- Please bring with you a pen and something to write on.
- We need to vacate the premises at 1:00pm but I am happy to meet with the participants for a casual lunch in a nearby cafe if anyone has any recommendations.
- For more about me and my passion for running this workshop see my official workshop page.
Booking can be made by paypal or content me direct jodi[at]jodicleghorn.com for direct debit details. Ballarat Writers Centre members are eligible for a discount. When filling out the enrolment form, please put your membership details to validate your discount!
$40.00 (Ballarat Writers Centre members)