Here ye, oh hear ye! Let it be known that nineteen intrepid writers of all ilks stuck their hands up, snaffled a prompt and proceded to get rather excited about ‘Deck the Halls’.
Without further ado… let me unfurl the roll. We have:
- Rebecca Dobbie & Benjamin Solah with their boughs of holly and hall decking.
- Chris Chartand and Sam Adamson are about to get their season jollies.
- Jen Brubacher and Graham Storrs will be dressing their narrative up in its best gay apparel
- Annie Evett and Amanda Scotney have yule trolls and carols riding the tide
- Laura Eno and Emma Kerry are huffing and puffing at the Yule blaze
- Paul Servini and Lily Mulholland lost their way to band camp and are hanging in the chorus with their harps
- Kil Connor and Stacey Larner are striking out on a festive follow the leader
- Myself and Chia Lynn hear whispers of christmas gold and jewels
- Jim Bronyaur and Icy Sedgwick will be chasing time… and last but not least
- Dan Powell and Trevor Belshaw are rounding up the lads and lasses for a bit of a shin dig to end it all!
And while this seems rather blithe… I can tell you, having already seen one story, the fun and laughter will probably stop here (though please, someone write an outrageously funny Christmas story… or two!)
My partner Dave says I always get this crazy twinkle in my eye at the start of a project… and let me tell you, it’s not just the Christmas tinsel glittering at our place tonight. So, thank-you everyone who threw their lot in with me. Congratulations on being part of my first mixed tape and first project of any type outside of eMergent Publishing and Chinese Whisperings. I’m really looking forward to this, epecially hanging with some brand new faces.
To those who missed out… you get first dibs on the next mixed tape!
For the readers… you will not have to endure false Christmas sentiments and bad TV carols this Christmas Eve.
More wonderful images via Modish.